Sunday, December 1, 2013

Meet the Researchers: Hankook Kim

Have you ever wanted to talk to and and meet a scientist? We wanted to introduce ourselves to our readers. Please ask us a question/share ideas using the form on the left side of the homepage.

The third researcher we would like to introduce is Hankook Kim of the University of Florida.


  • State your name.
    • Hankook Kim. I'm from South Korea
  • Describe your research.
    • I'm interested in improving photovoltaic (solar cell) efficiency by using buffer layers.
  • How did you get interested in what you are researching?
    • I have always enjoyed making something new and I think making new energy is pretty cool!!!
  • How did you get where you are today?
    • I majored in chemical engineering at Seoul National University. I realized that I could learn more if I went to graduate school. I got a master's degree and worked for LG for more than 5 years. I felt that I needed to study more to make better things so I came to the University of Florida to pursue my dream.
  • What hobbies do you have?
    • I like watching movies, especially scifi movies.
  • Do you have any funny stories from when you were a young scientist?
    • I can not forget when I first made my research system. I spent a lot of time there...survey[ing] my research field. Starting something can be scary. However, it makes people stronger.
  • What were some of your favorite activities as a kid?
    • When I was a kid, I liked drawing cartoons. I still draw some characters when I feel bored. 
  • Do you have any advice for the next generation?
    • Get experiences as much as you can. That will be super helpful for solving problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment